Monday, June 23, 2008

Just the FACTS Ma'am

It's been brought to my attention that (at least) one person has expressed "concern" about the information being posted in this blog. The language and accusations used in that "concern" are so off-base they really do not warrant a response. However, in case there is anyone else that questions the intent of this blog, let me try to be clear:

This is 2008! The Internet has revolutionized the way we communicate and I feel this is a great forum to share my opinions relating to various issues around town. This blog is not sanctioned by the Township of South Orange Village. Any posts in this blog are mine and mine alone (with the exception of "comments" which are added by anyone else who reads this blog). However, any of the opinions I post are based on facts that are PUBLIC INFORMATION. For example, posts regarding items discussed in budget workshop contain the same information that is readily available to any member of the public attending the budget workshop discussion. However, in this blog I have the opportunity to elaborate further on my opinion. I have always welcomed people to post comments on this blog or to send email feedback directly to me.

Trustee Mark Rosner had a similar blog several years ago that I found to be a refreshing take on various issues around town and I have tried to model this blog on the path that he blazed. I think everyone can agree how lucky we all are to have Freedom of Speech under the First Amendment. I find it frightening to find there are people who find issue with this freedom simply because they themselves can't understand exploring it with new technology.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a resident of South Orange, I'd like to say "thanks" for taking more of YOUR time (which could be spent with friends, family, hobbies, etc.) to keep residents informed. I can't make it to town meetings, and I find the information you post here and elsewhere online to be a real asset.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Michael Goldberg is my HERO!

Not only is he transparent but he's so GQ.