Saturday, December 1, 2007

Luckiest Guy in the World

Last night I was made to feel like the absolutely luckiest guy in the world. My incredible wife, Amy, had been plotting for over 2 months to hold a Surprise 40th Birthday Party for me and last night was the grand event. I had absolutely NO idea this was in the works and I am still in shock.

We had been planning for a pretty low-key birthday celebration with my immediately family for next week, so I wasn't expecting anything when Sheena Collum suggested I meet her and some others at Bunny's after work on Friday. At 7pm, we all met, grabbed a booth in the back and hung out. Shortly afterwards, Sheena tells everyone that "Leslie has a band playing next door in the Bistro and she wants us to check it out". I tell everyone to go ahead, I would wait at the table and to call me if it was any good. They continue to insist that I come check it out and I finally relent. On the way over, I noticed a large number of familiar faces in Bunny's, but that's not terribly unusual on any given night.

I walk into the Bistro, see people standing around listening to a guy on an acoustic guitar and until I saw my daughter Stephanie running towards me (with Amy behind her) did it actually register that something was going on. As I looked around the room, I saw the most amazing group of people that I have had the privilege to call "friend" over the past years. It really was the most incredible feeling. I am so flattered that all these people came out for me and I had the best time spending the evening with them. THANK YOU!



Of course, I cannot mention the evening without gloating over the most incredible wife in the entire world - Amy. She told me later that she had been secretly planning this for over 2 months and she didn't miss a single detail - from the perfect location, to the perfect guest list to the perfect entertainment, it was a great night.




After all the "issues" of the past few weeks, it was so nice to spend a fun casual evening with the greatest bunch of people. I really am the luckiest guy in the world!





No comments: