Saturday, February 2, 2008

Obama for President

It's so interesting that for the first time that I can remember, New Jersey actually has a say in the determination of who gets the Party nomination for President. On Tuesday February 5, we have a very tough choice between Hillary Clinton & Barack Obama. I find them both to be incredibly smart and thoughtful - a far cry from our current President - and ultimately I will be happy with either as our next President.

I have long been a big fan of Bill Clinton and the prospect of having Bill Clinton back in the White House is appealing. The problem is that Bill Clinton is not running, Hillary Clinton is - despite how it sometimes appears. In fact, in recent weeks, we have not seen the charismatic Bill Clinton we all remember and instead we have seen a much more divisive side, which is disturbing.

After all the partisanship and divisiveness of the past 7 years, I think it is now time for a new generation of leadership and someone who will try things differently and can try to start to bring this country back together within itself and with other countries. I think the person who can best accomplish that is Barack Obama. I hope you will join me in giving him your support on Tuesday.

No comments: