Saturday, October 27, 2007

Where it all began

I thought it would be interesting to have a place to comment on life in general and life as a South Orange Trustee, in particular. I hope to use this blog to share my thoughts and I welcome and encourage you to use this forum to share your thoughts and feedback with me, as well.

Probably the most frequently asked question I get (other than "What's going on with Beifus?") is "How time consuming is it to be a Trustee?". The answer: "Very!" However, so far, it has been one of the most incredible learning experiences of my life...learning so much about municipal government (how it works...and doesn't!), learning about people and learning about myself.

Although the job comes with no pay and plenty of frustrations, it's still an amazing adventure and a tremendous honor.

I thought it would be best to remember how it all began and hope that I (and my colleagues) can look back on the following video anytime things get contentious and remind ourselves how we all started (thanks to SOBETS for saving this clip for posterity):



Come join me on this ride...

2 comments:

Amy S Goldberg said...

Love you!

-me

Anonymous said...

ah mr goldberg, that isn't you in the video! looking forward to your blog!